This article explains the different options for e-mail notifications related to Supply Chain Collaboration:
Essentially, there are 3 levels at which you can set up notifications and alerts:
1. E-mail notification settings at user level - see E-Mail notification settings
2. Alerts and related notifications: Each user can configure their own alerts. In a second step, the user can also subscribe to e-mail notifications for these alerts - see Alert settings and notifications
3. Filters and search profiles - see Adjust view and set up search profiles
The following explanation for Purchase Orders applies in the same way to other demand messages: Scheduling Agreement; delivery instructions; JIT Call-Off; Kanban Call-Off.
In addition to notifications from 1. and 2., each user can configure the order overview using filters so that only orders relevant to the user are displayed. If the e-mail notifications from 1. are deactivated and each user sets up alerts and, if necessary, notifications for this, each user can determine for him- or herself how many and which notifications are received. Users who work with the portal on a daily basis anyway can refrain from alerts and notifications.
It is important to understand that the combination of these features can lead to orders being overlooked:
- No one receives a notification from 1.
- The sum of all alerts configured by users themselves (see 2.) does not cover all incoming orders: There are orders for which nobody receives a notification.
- The sum of all filters set by users themselves (see 3.) in the order overview does not cover all orders: There are orders that do not appear in any filter.
- During the absence of individual users (vacation, illness) nobody is aware of orders for this user.